Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Quick Update March 19, 2014

It has been over a month since I have done a quick update of what has been going on around the shop at what to check out on the blog.  Its been busy!

There has been a lot of restorations happening and its the start of tune up season.  Get your bicycles in early for tune ups before it gets really busy.


Tot start I restored a 1980's Bianchi in Celeste color.  The Bianchi turned out beautiful, it had a really nice Shomano 105 group on it.  Check it out by clicking here or the photo below.

Click for the 1980's Bianchi Restoration
Then came a long a 1981 Blue Schwinn Le Tour Restoration, it turned out fantastic, I found myself staring at it when it was complete.  The blue and chrome have the same effect as black and chrome.  Check out the 1981 Blue Schwinn Le Tour restoration by clicking here or the photo below.

Click for the 1981 Blue Schwinn Le Tour Restoration
After the blue Le Tour came a 1986 Trek 560 Pro Series race bike.  I love this Trek, it has 531 tubing and Shimano 600 group.  This is a top 10 bike on my personal bikes I want.  See the Trek 560 restoration by clicking here or the photo below.

Click for the Trek 560 Pro Series Restoration
The 1981 Schwinn Sports Tourer was next.  It turend out very nice and has a beautiful classic look.  I could not be more happy with the results but i think I would take a fillet brazed Sports Tourer from the early 1970's over the lugged 1981 version.  Check out the Sports Tourer restoration by clicking here or the photo below.

Click to see the 1981 Schwinn Sports Tourer Restoration
After the Sport Tourer came David V's 1985 Trek 720 touring overhaul.  I was very happy Dave choose me to do the overhaul because it is some distance to get the Trek 720 here.  For people like me who like Touring bikes the Trek 720 is a dream bike.  The overhaul went fantastic, check the overhaul out by clicking here or the photo below.

Click for David V's Trek 720 Overhaul
Lastly I completed a 1982 Silver Schwinn Le Tour restoration.  I worked on the Silver Le Tour slowly over time.  It was a barn find from over a year ago,  it was in rough shape and need new wheels.  The results are incredible and the silver & red combo is absolutely stunning, stunning to me anyways.  its ups for sale at $275.  Check out the restoration by clicking here or the photo below.

Click for the 1982 Silver Schwinn Le Tour Restoration

Thanks for all the work and thank for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment