Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Up Coming Projects

Raleigh Grand Prix Carlton Project - Before
Raleigh Grand Prix Carlton Project - Before


His & Hers Nishiki & Fuji Fixed Gear Project

His & Hers Nishiki & Fuji Fixed Gear Project




During the restoration of the Le Tour I came up with many ideas for bicycle designs and motivation to start on a Raleigh Grand Prix Carlton I found at a rummage sale months back.

First the restoration on the Nishiki has been scratched.  Instead I will be using the Nishiki frame and a Fuji frame for a his & hers fixed gear set.  The Nishiki is a very small frame, a perfect womens size,  and the Fuji is a medium to Large frame.  I have sent the frames to the Powder coater and they should be finished anytime now.

The Fuji or male frame will be midnight blue with an antique white or almond head tube, the women's frame will be antique white or almond with a midnight blue head tube.  From there everything will be new with cable housings and saddles that will fit the color theme.

While I am waiting for the powder coater and parts to arrive I will be starting work on the Raleigh Grand Prix Carlton.  I am trying to figure what to do with the frame paint.  I do not think the paint is in good enough condition to keep original and the decals are in very rough shape.  I think I will have the frame powder coated to original theme and order new decals.  I love the look of the Carlton decals, but they are shot on this frame.

Thanks for looking,  check back for updates soon,
John Z.


Also, If you would like to submit your bike to the Chicagoland Bicycles Photo Gallery Blog please do here Chicagoland-Bicycles.


No comments:

Post a Comment