The Townie turned out to be just a basic tune up and cleaning. The front derailleur was not shifting, the fenders and rear rack had a bolt missing and other bolts in the wrong spots. I cleaned the bike and gave the frame a coat of silicone polish. I cleaned and degreased the drive train and wheels. I then adjusted the brakes and derailleurs, lubricated the cable housings, cleaned and lubricated the chain and trued the wheels. I also found a bolt that fits the missing fender bolt in me large collection of bolts and screw and moved the other bolts to there correct spots.
The bike looks very nice cleaned up and polished and also rides very nice. I am always impressed with Townie bikes and how nice they tune up. I do not have before photos, but some nice after photos below. Thank you.
|Magenta Townie - Side View|
|Magenta Townie - Front View|